The Controller will be responsible to accurately record, report and maintain the financial transactions of the corporation while exercising a fiduciary role for the company. Collaborate, coordinate and sustain all stakeholders including Executive Management, Managing Directors, Board of Advisors requirements for Accounting and Financial Services.
1. Direct, promote and coordinate the Accounting operations in the Corporate Operations unit.
2. Provide strategic direction for Accounting unit while making sure the unit is in alignment with overall Corporate Strategic Objective.
3. Monitor and report financial results for the total corporation
4. Prepare and monitor an annual Accounting unit plan including budget in partnership with the Chief Administrative Officer.
5. Develops internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for activities such as budget administration, cash and credit management, and accounting.
6. Coordinates and directs the financial planning, financial reporting, budgeting, procurements, and investment activities.
7. Lead the annual audit process and work closely with external auditors.
8. Prepare, or direct preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, budgets, or reports required by regulatory agencies.
9. Evaluate needs for procurement of funds and investment of surpluses and make appropriate recommendations.
10. Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements and prepares budgets. Monitor ratio and key performance indicators (KPI).
11. Hire, manage, and develop accounting and other financial staff, recommending and implementing actions.
12. Advise management on short-term and long-term financial objectives, policies, and actions.
13. Communicate on a regular basis with boards, bankers, investors, constituents, etc.; including preparing and hosting board presentations.
We value relationships and flexibility; candidates must be open to a hybrid work schedule in the Arlington, TX office.
8 years or more of Strategic Accounting experience at the Accounting Manager, Assistant Controller level or higher)
Active CPA license required
SaaS or professional services related industry experience preferred
Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance required, MBA or Masters in Accounting preferred
Strong understanding and experience with GAAP and financial reporting requirements required
Experienced with financial audits, taxation, acquisition due diligence and integration.
First Rate exists to help wealth management companies grow and thrive as stewards of their clients’ investments. Our reporting solutions help financial firms create absolute transparency while empowering investors to simplify and better understand their financial world. Through First Rate’s holistic view of engagement, we deliver adaptable and tailored solutions that sustain long-term relationships. With a proven track record, including over 25 years of experience, our relentless focus on meeting the diverse needs of our partners is unmatched in the industry.